Thursday, April 7, 2011

CUT TO GROW

CUT TO GROW

New here? Get more useful information by subscribing for free to the RSS feed. Let's dig in.

I love the Road Warriorette blog. She travels a lot and I get lots of ideas from her. The other day, she wrote a post about a cool travel water bag that packs flat. I thought it was cool so decided to tweet about it. I pushed the little share button at the bottom of the post and got a surprise.

Sharing Options

Frankly, I got lost. I tried scrolling down to Twitter, gave up, and just copied the link myself, switched to Twitter, and hit share. I’m not sure who else would go through that effort. A lot of people? I don’t know. Would your audience go through that? (Note: I’m not crapping on Road Warriorette’s blog in specific. LOTS of you have the same sharing buttons. And I started by saying that I love her blog. So there.)

 

MAKE SHARING DEAD SIMPLE

On my own site, I have two major options and one smaller option. I have a Facebook “Like” button at the top and bottom of my post, plus I have a TweetThis button. I also use a sharing list similar to Road Warriorette, but with fewer options.

sharing options

The reason is simple. I want to guide you to hit either “Like” or “Tweet.” Everything else is gravy. Now, my friend Ed Shahzade says that StumbleUpon is also big potatoes. I haven’t gotten there yet. But I listen to everything Ed tells me, at least a bit, and so I’ll give it a bit of a look-see over time.

The simpler you make sharing, the more the tools get used.

 

AND YOU?

Where do you share the most? Where do you see the most traction? What’s your site doing for social sharing?

Related posts:

  1. Make Shareability a Priority
  2. How Does This Share
  3. Grow Bigger Ears in 10 Minutes
  4. Build How-To Material to Grow Relationships
  5. How to Grow Traffic to Your Blog

ShareThis

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More