Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beware of “Group think” | Jack Lynady

I got kicked out of an ‘Institutional’ small group 5 years ago because of group think. My ideas and thoughts on spiritual life were not in line with theirs…

One thing I am learning to do is to love others no matter what they think or where they are in life. Sometimes I see in them thoughts that I used to agree with, and it is not fair to expect them to simply agree or think what I now think. Someday they may, but their journey in life needs to get them there in their own time. Then again, they may never think like I do, and that’s OK. Another thing I am learning is, if I don’t think what they think, maybe someday I will, and it wouldn’t be fair to shun them because I currently don’t agree.

Ultimately I want to grow in Love and Wisdom, Im learning to do both by accepting people for who they are and what they think, no matter how different it is from who I am or what I think.

By no means is it always easy, or I always ‘get it right’, it is a journey…and that is where the joy is.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More