Sunday, March 13, 2011

Install iMovie on the original iPad without jailbreaking

Comments

4

Subscribe to comments

I tried this and it worked, but when I sync my iPad in iTunes now it wants to remove iMovie. It says I need to authorize my computer, but when I do the same error just pops up again. It looks like you need to reinstall iMovie using the iPhone Configuration Utility after you sync with iTunes each time.

@Jason Clarke yeah, same here. Seems they really don't want you to run it on an original iPad. Strange then that you can actually install it with the Config tool. If the iPhone 4 can run it fine, then why not the iPad 1? I guess 256 MB RAM might not be enough.

Installed the "iTunes Configuration Utility", clicked on "Applications" and then "Add". Get a "Browse for folder (Select an application to add to the library)" window. Drill down to where the "iMovie120.ipa" file is. click on the "Mobile Applications" folder and OK ... Don't get a list of applications to add. Instead get an error message "The folder ****** is not a valid mobile application".

What am I doing wrong? Help!

TIA

@RonC You've selected and added only iMovie into the Config tool via the file browser, not tried to add the entire 'Mobile Applications' folder correct?

'+author+''+replyToUndo+'

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More