Saturday, September 18, 2010

Woman’s cellphone troubles resolved


EAST London resident Ilza Pannewitz waited almost two years before her problems with a cellular network were resolved – but thanks to the Crusaders she was removed from a blacklist and even refunded R3500.
Pannewitz told the Crusaders that she had joined the MTN network and, during a phone call with the service provider, requested to be placed on a Top Up 100 contract – a prepaid type contract – in October 2008.
After two months on the new contract she discovered that she had in fact been placed on an Anytime 100 contract – a credit type contract.
She said that as soon as she realised the mistake, in January 2009, she sent the phone back and requested that the company cancel the contract. Pannewitz said she last spoke to them in February last year.
“But then in June or July this year I got a letter saying I had been blacklisted and must pay outstanding funds of R4319.42 and must pay it before the 31 July 2010. It was a final notice,” she said.
The Crusaders referred Pannewitz’s complaint to MTN’s public relations and communications guru Bridget Bhengu two weeks ago.
“MTN has investigated the matter and has subsequently refunded Ms Pannewitz. MTN apologises for the frustration that Ms Pannewitz has experienced, and we can assure our subscribers that we always strive to deliver excellent customer service,” Bhengu said.
Yesterday, Pannewitz was happy to report that the problem was solved.
“MTN sent me a letter of apology, and a woman called me to apologise, too. I also got a letter from the credit bureau to say I am not blacklisted any more.
“They even refunded me R3500 I had paid for the contract before I realised it was the wrong one,” Pannewitz said.
“I’m so happy, I’m telling everyone I know about the great work the Crusaders do – about how great you are. Thank you so much,” she said. — By MICHELLE SOLOMON

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More